COVID-19: Our Response
Molescope is still open during the COVID crisis.
We are seeing patients and performing surgeries as needed at our rooms in Mooroolbark.
Skin Cancers unfortunately continue to grow and early detection of skin cancers (especially Melanomas) saves lives. A wait of 3-6 months is too long for many skin cancers.
For new patients you will have a brief telehealth consultation (video or phone) first with our Senior Doctor & Molescope Founder Dr Geoffrey Bartlett which will be bulk billed. He will take your history and decide if you need a face to face consultation now or if it can be delayed by 3-6 months. Normal fees apply for a face to face consultation.
For our current patients you can book a face to face review or if you’re not sure if you need to come in now, you can request a bulk billed telehealth consultation with Dr Geoffrey Bartlett to discuss if you can wait for your review for 3-6 months. Normal fees apply for a face to face consultation.
If you need a skin cancer removed then our Doctors are happy to do surgery in our rooms (fees apply). If a very complex operation is required (eg. very large skin cancer) then we can refer you to a private surgeon or to the public hospital (they will still do urgent skin cancer removals as needed).
At our clinic things are a little different to usual:
- You should ring the rooms on 9725-3003 to let them know you’ve arrived and then wait in your car for the Doctor to call you into the room
- You will go directly into your consultation without having to wait inside at all
- Your Doctor will be wearing a mask (and extra protective equipment if required - eg for surgery)
- You will be offered a mask to wear during your consultation
- After your consultation you will likely be the only person in the waiting room while you speak to our reception staff to settle your bill and book another appointment (if required).
Our rooms are cleaned on a very regular basis including cleaning of the consultation room between each patient.
Please do not attend the clinic if you are unwell or you have had contact with anyone with known COVID within the last 14 days. We are not currently seeing children under 16. We request that patients attend alone except in the case of them needing a carer when 1 other person can attend with them.
Ring 9725-3003 to book an appointment or if you have any further questions.